- hotel or apartment or B&B suggestions
- restaurants, cafés, bistros
- nightclubs, theaters, shows
- unique shops, bookstores...
- kids or teens - fun stuff and ideas for young ones
- babysitters in Paris?
- outdoor attractions (parks, markets, landmarks...)
- helpful websites & books
- taxi cab, train station and metro tips
- tipping information or fees to expect
- ATM and bank info
- free or unusual things to do in Paris
- best time/season to visit Paris
- any place one should visit or any thing one should do when in Paris....
Click here to leave a tip or suggestion - or to see the recommendations. I'll post a link to the answers in Monday's post.
See the "share buttons" at the end of this post and be sure to forward this Paris guide to someone who is planning to visit France.
P.S. Where to Rent a Car in Paris? Readers have sent in their favorites in the France Car Rental guide. Thanks for adding your recommendations, too!
Love locks in Paris. Note: I have just erased my previous message, here, about wanting to put up a lock next time I'm in Paris. After L&C wrote in (see first comment) I realize these locks are becoming damaging to the city's landscape. It is good to be aware of the issue and it brings me to one more tip I could have mentioned, in the bullet above: How to be a good guest when in Paris? Thanks for sharing your Paris suggestions in the comments box.
For more information on Paris, use this handy Google search box:
A Message from Kristi on this blog's 19th anniversary
Thank you for reading this language journal. In 2002 I left my job at a vineyard and became self-employed in France. "French Word-A-Day" has been my full-time occupation ever since. Ongoing support from readers like you helps keep this site ad-free and allows me to focus on writing. My wish is to continue creating posts that are educational, insightful, and heart-warming. If my work has touched you in any way, please consider supporting it via a blog donation.
Ways to contribute:
1. Send a check
2. PayPal or credit card
3. A bank transfer, ZELLE is a great way to send your donation as there are no transaction fees.
Or purchase our online memoir, The Lost Gardens