se sentir coupable = to feel guilty
La décision de placer la personne dans un établissement de soins est l’une des plus difficiles à prendre. Vous pouvez vous sentir coupable et juger que vous n’avez pas été à la hauteur pour prendre soin d’elle.... et vous pouvez avoir l’impression de l’abandonner. The decision to place the person in a care facility is one of the most difficult to make. You might feel guilty, that you haven't been skilled enough to take care of her... and you may have the impression of abandoning her.
A DAY IN A FRENCH LIFE ... by Kristin Espinasse
- Searching the glove pile, Jean-Marc and Max could not find matching pairs for this morning's chores. Le côté positif? Missing gants = many completed vineyard projects.
- Not counting spam, there are 733 unanswered emails in my inbox. Mea culpa.
- We now have a nifty net, or filet, catching all those figs that once bit the dust on our pétanque court. Bonjour La Tarte aux Figues!
- Changed mind and chose all of you for the ALS Icebucket Challenge.
- That cute wildlife visitor that appeared at the open window? The one with the adorable wrinkling nose? On closer look it was a giant rat!
- Il faut changer de lunettes. Time to change glasses.
- Email bankruptcy exists.
- Jackie's been gone a total of five weeks and two days this summer.
- Cleaning out my nightstand, found daughter's music box. Pulled the string.
- Mementos are the least filthy and take the longest to clean.
- Buying a pomegranate tree on a whim is better than "a new shoes whim."
- Do women justify more than men?
- Cette liste est ennuyeuse? Is this list boring?
- My mother-in-law's been in three care facilities since July 7th.
- In the beginning I visited her often.
- Lately, less and less.
- (Çela fait huit jours...)
- I could go today...
- Bring her a magnificent pomegranate.
- Tell her
- Je t'aime
* * *
Thank you for considering a contribution today!
Ongoing support from readers like you keeps me writing and publishing this free language journal, for the past 18 years. If you regularly enjoy this website and would like to keep it going, please know your donation towards this effort makes all the difference! No matter the weather, on good days or bad, I am commited to sharing a sunny update with you, one you can look forward to. I hope it fuels your dreams of coming to France, while expanding your French vocabulary. A contribution by check or via PayPal (links below) is greatly appreciated. Merci!
♥ Or click here to send the amount of your choice
To purchase our memoir, THE LOST GARDENS click here.